Tuesday 1 April 2014

Becoming a Fashion Risk Taker | Part 1.

Let me just start this post by saying, I'm the type of girl who could wear jeans and a t-shirt everyday.
No problem.


I have "barn" sweatpants and "good" sweatpants,
I started wearing leggings about a year and a half ago,
and, I have 2 pairs of flats. (Both for work.)


So, you could say, I've come a little late to the "fashion party", but I'm gettin' there.
You reading this have most likely tried at least one of the trends below (if not all of them),
but I think they're pretty solid starting points for someone like me
who wants to add a couple new pieces to her wardrobe.
(You can judge me on how I did with the list below haha)

So here goes guys, I present to you:

THE
trends-to-try-when-you-dont-know-what-trends-to-try-first
LIST



Disclaimer: I'm not using technical terms here, I'm a fashion newbie *don't hurt me*


- 1 -
The Oversized Cardi
Because don't they just look so comfy?
But there's that thin line between cute-oversized and TOO-oversized, ya know what I mean?
... a thin line indeed ...



- 2 -
Casual Blazers
Look how casual-chic they all look?!
"Ooo I'm casual, but ooo I know how to dress well too"
Seems simple enough, but it's harder than it looks guys (at least for me haha)

I did come really close to buying one a few weeks ago though, but it was like $150
and my frugal self couldn't take it, so I let it overstay it's welcome on the "On Hold" rack at Sears.



- 3 -
Boyfriend Jeans
Two things I noticed when searching "Boyfriend Jeans" on Pinterest was:
1. Everyone wears heels with them (to add abit of femininity I believe), and
2. They all have a lot of rips. Just, rips, everywhere.

I'm not a huge fan of massive rips in my jeans, and I don't have any heels, BUT I won't let that stop meh! No ma'am!



- 4 -
Those fuzzy sweaters
(that look like they're kinda static-y)
I think I missed the transition when static-y looking sweaters went from:
'unbearable itchy' TO 'one-of-the-softest-things-you'll-ever-wear',
but when I saw a bunch of these in F21 I immediately put them on my radar.



- 5 -
Boots with tall socks
Wait, what? That picture in the middle is me??
Hehe my first attempt at it I must say, but they're super comfy!
Whether it's long socks or a cheeky shortcut like that last picture, they add to the laid-back vibe well I think :)

Long tee. Leggings. Slightly-taller-socks-than-boots.
Boom.



- 6 -
Peter Pan Collars
Not sure what the overall consensus is about these at the moment...
I wasn't too fond of them at first I remember, but I think they're kinda cute now, no?
I think a nice pastel top with a peter pan collar could look really nice for Spring even!


 -


I stopped the list at six because it's my birthday-day.
And because this post would be ridiculously long if I added all of the things.
(I want to do another one though, adding to the list!!)
Although I might not sound like it with my current fashion choices,
there really are a lot of different styles I'd like to attempt trying!
("attempt" being the key word there)


If you're in the same boat, I wish you luck as well my friend.
Let's be fashion risk-takers TOGETHER!


Do you consider yourself to be a fashion risk-taker?
What trend do you want to try?
Thanks for reading! :)


Bloglovin' | Cachoo Joo  | Twitter




28 comments:

  1. Love this haha, I always go with oversized cardigans when I want a comfy but casual look! And I like wearing tall socks with boots, it just makes it more interesting - or socks with frills! I'm a big fan of cute Peter Pan collars too :) x

    Kathryn | effievanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be REALLY into hoodies so I'm totally into the whole comfy-casual look too haha so I think oversized cardis'll be a good addition too!! And woo another fan of tall socks & peter pan collars :) I'm not alone!

      Delete
  2. Love this list! Even though I'm sad to say that oversized cardigans are the only thing I actually wear. But maybe I'll get there someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you've got one more down than I do atm though! I think the oversized cardis'll be the next thing I look for out of this list :) seems like a somewhat-safe bet *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  3. I'm in love with casual blazers- they add a bit more to an outfit than, let's say a jumper, but are not too dressy and fancy! xx

    Sharlotte | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Plus you can wear them with jeans, trousers, or dresses even - seem pretty versatile! And look like they could be a nice alternative to a light spring jacket too :)

      Delete
  4. I love all these trends! I don't think any should be too scary - unless you wore them all together :p I've been looking for an oversize cardigan too, but I think an extra long slim fitting one might be fun too!
    lily x
    www.jolihouse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Touché haha might not be the nicest outfit with all of that goin on :P - Ya I think a slim-fitting light one' d be nice too! Especially for Spring-to-Summer weather! :)

      Delete
  5. I love peter Pan collars! I've been trying my best to find those on online shops (for cheaper prices) and I just love over sized cardi. they just save me during cold weathers.

    _emsalazar
    themiasalazar { life | thoughts | pictures }

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Online shopping is amazing hey haha I'm on the email list for so many stores it's so tempting to buy stuff! Lately DailyLook's had some realllly nice stuff! :)

      Delete
  6. great trends to follow when you wanna add new items in your wardrobe.
    classic yet fashionable

    http://livelifeamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they'd be a bit easier to try than some of the other ones I've seen haha goin for a casual-'fashionable' look :P

      Delete
  7. Haha I love this and you picked some great styles to start with!

    Rachel | AMomentInTime.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! Haha gonna start simple ;)

      Delete
  8. So I thought I was very fashion forward and then I read this and oh my gosh! You and I are on the same boat. I haven't tried any of these except for the high socks with boots. I'm so behind. I need to venture!

    Kendwy @ MindofKiwi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha *high five*! We all gotta start somewhere tho hey :P I think Spring'll be a good time to start venturing out and trying new/different clothing pieces! :)

      Delete
  9. The fuzzy sweaters and peter pan collars have been something I have wanted to try as well!
    It would be super cool if you could check out my blog :)
    xxx
    www.pink-puffins.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fuzzy sweaters right?! So soft! Might be some really nice pastel coloured sweaters & peter pan collars out for Spring which'd be cool! :)

      Delete
  10. Love this post! I love bf jeans with little rips but they have to be on the slightly skinny side of jeans as otherwise they are way to saggy on my bum haha! Not a good look! X
    Sophie

    www.sophiejenner.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha good point! Some structure but not too much hah quite the balance is needed :P

      Delete
  11. Great picks! I love boyfriend jeans and blazers. They are so gorgeous!

    Jasmine xx
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine! Nice casual blazers are one of those things that I think would be so nice to have as an alternative to me wearing a hooded jacket all the time :) (I wear those like pretty much everyday haha!)

      Delete
  12. The one major think I have learned from blogging is taking risk and pushing my comfort zone. I love blazers, they can instantly lift up the outfit.

    Fuzzy sweaters looks nice on others but when I try, the whole body starts itching. I need to find a good pair which is super soft and doesn't itch.

    Peter Pan collars are one of my favorites now but like you I was not a fan of them. I haven't tried it yet but definitely wants to get my hands on them.

    Belated Happy Birthday, hope you had a lovely day with your loved ones .
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blazers seem so chic hey? They're a nice finishing touch! And ya haha gotta find a soft-fuzzy sweater and skip those itchy-fuzzy sweaters - lots of trial and error lol - Peter pan collars I think have some potential now! Funny how trends can just grow on you over time, I usually like to think about most trends for a little while too!
      And ohhh it was my birthday-day being the 6 January haha oops sorry bout that! Thanks tho! :)

      Delete
  13. I definitely have never worn my boyfriend jeans with heels! It is perhaps a little more casual to wear them with flats, but what is the point of wearing comfy ripped denim if you have to wear heels?!

    I am all about casual blazers though! You might try Old Navy - I have one from there there is made of ponte material, so it is really stretchy and comfortable - a cross between sweatshirt and blazer! For affordable blazers, also check out NY&Co - they are more traditionally professional in their fabric and cut, but they are always on sale with all kinds of discounts!

    (And Happy belated Birthday!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!?! Boyfriend jeans with flats it is! :D (at least there's someone else out there "heels-less"!)
      Oooo I haven't been to Old Navy in awhile actually! Thanks for the recommendation!! Same with NY&Co - I don't know if I've seen that one around before - sounds awesome though! Ohhh gotta like a good sale ;) haha

      Delete
  14. I really enjoyed this post! I'm a big fan of oversized cardigans and peter pan collars. Love your blog, it's adorable. What does "Cachoo Joo" mean to you btw? Followed you on Bloglovin' (:
    nostalgicteens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks!! Ya I really like the whole comfy casual look so I think oversized cardis'll be perfect! :D
      And oh haha I just made it up :P wanted to pick a blog name that most other ppl hadn't seen before haha ;)

      Delete