Friday 24 January 2014

REVIEW: My Favourite Hair Products!!


Something I know a little bit more about than lip products... is hair products so I decided that today's post was going to be all about the best hair products I've come across to date!

I circulate through all of these products depending on what look I'm going for - using no more than 2 of them on one day - but there is one thing that I consistently use, and that's...

THIS guy!

My Hair Profile:
• Straight with a slight wave starting just below my ear
• Black with brown ends (from the sun)
• Gets oily/greasy very fast
• Thick, coarse, and strong
• Shoulder-length
...




* My Favourite 5 *
(in no particular order)


1. Paul Mitchell Extra Body - Thicken Up Styling Liquid

Best For: Adding Volume

Because my hair is so thick, it weighs itself down so much that even if I have a bit of volume on the bottom, the top can look, quite flat (think, a triangle rice ball) T.T

Application: Run 2 pumps through damp hair, and style as usual.

Results: Volume! Actual volume that lasts! - and if I do say so myself, it gets better throughout the day! It also leaves a nice shine & soft feel to your hair :)




2. Matrix Biolage Advanced Keratin Dose -
Pro-Keratin + Silk

Best For: Hair that needs a bit of softness

I got these 2 products as a set of 3 actually - the picture's missing the Shampoo component, but my sister used it up... however, I only really use the spray (on the left) which by the way has my favourite type of spray applicator!

Application: Spray all over head (approx. 5-6 sprays) to damp hair, and style as usual

Results: The softest your hair will have felt in a long time! No greasy residue & nice, light feel!


3. L'Oreal Studio Matt & Messy - Shine-Free Definition Spray

Best For: A messy, but not piece-y everyday look

I bought this on a whim because (like the Matrix spray), it has my favourite spray-top. I was also looking at the Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray, and thought I'd give this a try first

Application: Spray all over head (approx. 5-6 sprays) to damp hair, and style as usual

Results: Not for your typical soft & bouncy hair look, but gives a nice effortless, messy look which is nice every once and a while! Convinced me not to buy the B&B Surf Spray, and see how this does in summer!


4. KENRA Thermal Styling Spray - Firm Hold

Best For: Heat protection

There are so many different heat protectors out there, that it can be hard to just pick one, so one day the KENRA line just caught my eye, so I thought I'd give it a try!

Application: Spray all over head (approx. 5-6 sprays) to damp hair, and style as usual

Results: Hair that's nice & protected! It doesn't leave your hair overly soft, but it lasts a long time and is super light weight!

5. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil - Penetrating Oil

Best For: Soft, soft ends

I'd heard so much hype about Moroccan oil in general, I knew I wanted to try either The Original Moroccan Oil or this one. After comparing the prices and looking at what products I already had, I decided to go for the drugstore one to see if it smelled good and that an oil product wasn't to heavy

Application: I run a pea-sized amount through dry hair to add extra shine & softness (although you can apply on damp or dry hair)

Results: Hair that's so soft it just falls through your fingers! I usually use this if I haven't used any other product that day, and just want soft hair...!


----------

There are so many, it really is hard to stick to one or use a full product up, but I think these ones will make the cut!

What's YOUR must-have hair product?

Thanks for reading!!


ღ CachooJoo


Video Share of the Day: Types of Siblings - IIsuperwomanII


4 comments:

  1. I've got to try out that organix moroccan oil after I'm done with my current hair oil! I'm a total leave-in conditioner and hair oil junkie. My favorite leave-in conditioner is the HealthySexyHair soy tri-wheat leave-in conditioner and the oil I'm using is The Body Shop Beautifying Oil in the pink grapefruit scent (smells amazing!) and that's working pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The HealthySexyHair soy tri-wheat leave-in conditioner is the exact one I want to try next!! (not that I need any more haha but) I've heard sooo many good things about it!! I haven't tried any hair products from The Body Shop but I'll have to check some out!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the L'Oreal Studio Matt & Messy, it makes such fab beachy waves. It also doesn't make your hair look wet or greasy like other sea salt sprays I've tried. Great post :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia!! :) It works great for that easy casual look hey? And I think I got it for like $3 so it was definitely a win-win!

      Delete