Thursday 16 January 2014

101: A Beginner's Make-Up Routine (A Step by Step Guide!)

When I was getting ready today I was thinking about how I've gone from wearing absolutely no makeup in high school, to managing to have a whole makeup routine...! I'll be it, a simple one, but it's definitely come a long way from where it started. I was a no-fuss no-frills kid growing up, so makeup was never something that I kept on my radar, which looking back, was quite nice actually haha I saved lots of money and time before school, and was able to experiment more when I was ready to, in University, when I slowly started added one element after another!

So, here it is, the accumulation of products that make up
my fast & easy, everyday makeup routine :)!

The Products I Use
In total it takes me no more than 10 or 15 minutes to put together which is really nice! I usually do my makeup while I let my hair start air-drying so the whole system works great for saving time!



I. Prime eyelids with Urban Decay's Primer Potion - You only need to use about a pea-sized amount (if that) and it'll be enough for both lids.  I also find using my ring finger is a bit gentler!

II. Apply Maybelline ExpertWear Eye Shadow Quad in Natural Smokes on lids - I use the one in the top right-hand corner for all over my lid, then use the one directly under it for my outer crease.
Note: I also sometimes will use the darkest shadow colour (on the bottom) to fill in my eyebrows since I've found eyebrow pencils can look a bit harsh on me. I use a flat brush (like this one) to apply it :)


III. Line upper lash line with Sephora's Color Proof Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in 01 Black - I've been doing a small wing on the ends to help keep it clean (I find this liner's tip works great for it!) but a simple thin line looks just as nice!

IV. Apply Maybelline Eye Studio Master Drama Cream Pencil in Midnight Master (Black) to bottom water line - Sometimes I'll reapply this if I'm going out again at night, but, in general, it stays on fairly well throughout the day. If you're not comfortable applying to your waterline yet, adding a very thin line of a dark brown shadow under your bottom lashes looks great!

V. Apply Maybelline's Volum' Express The Rocket Mascara to top & bottom lashes


* These 3 products (above) are the latest in my routine, so if I'm in a rush, I'll just skip them! No biggie, they're more fun to use than anything else :) *

VI. Apply Benefit's Stay Flawless 15 - Hour Primer - I apply this as if you're drawing two black camo stripes on your face, just near my cheekbones. (Because I don't wear foundation, I only apply it around my cheeks)

VII. Apply Maybelline FIT ME Blush in Deep Wine - As you can tell, I've tried the brush it comes with, but, I'd definitely suggest a blush brush...! (I'm looking for a new blush at the moment, possibly a cream one that shows up a bit more & blends better)

VIII. Apply MAC Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel - I just put a small dot (half a pea-size per side) on my finger and blend it on my cheekbones, right above where I applied my blush. It adds a nice shimmer and highlight which looks nice in the natural sunlight!

Lastly, add a bit of lip balm - I usually just use EOS or a tinted lip balm on most days :)

AND DONE!!

----------

I hope this was helpful for even one of you :) Definitely let me know if you have any questions about any of the products or steps!

I just wear makeup casually - not everyday and not in large quantities - and go for the natural look ;)
Some days I don't wear any, and others I might just wear the eyeliners and a touch of mascara.
Remember, it doesn't matter one bit if you start wearing makeup in high school, University, or after! It's supposed to be fun and something that you enjoy doing (hence the lazy days I wear nada), so if you want to, start slow, and buy little things here & there.

There's always new makeup coming out, so no worries, just start when you're ready :)!

Thanks for reading!!


ღ CachooJoo


Video Share of the Day: Love On Top - Beyoncé


9 comments:

  1. Great step-by-step guide! I like some of the products you've chosen.

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. really nice guide, loved the products you used

    http://velvetdivination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great guide, I'm in need of new makeup, I'm taking note! x Jazzy (hivenn.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same bed sheets as you. Just realized that haha. But great makeup picks :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha just got them for Christmas! They kinda make me want to go travel to a bunch of the places on them haha (also love that they're reversible!) What a 2-in-1. :)

      Delete