Wednesday 25 September 2013

Makeup Haul TRIO: Maybelline & NYC

I haven't been able - or rather, I haven't let myself buy any new makeup for a couple of months now due to my current unemployed-ness... however, I figured it'd been long enough, after all, it could come in handy during a future job interview, right? ... yes!


I also thought I'd maybe experiment a bit more with "the look" and got to thinking, I really could chop all my hair of and dye it red and it really wouldn't have a negative effect on anything I'm currently doing. Strange feeling really, kind of reminds me of a Jack's Gap video I saw a while back - as a result of a happier circumstance - but, you get the gist.
Just so many options.
So here goes, the mini haul!
----------

The Finds:

1. Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick - 330 Toffee Caramel
Oooooo...!!
Ahhhhh....!!
WHY?
I've never worn foundation - liquid or powder - except very, very special occasions, so I thought why not give it a go. I had heard of this 'stick' before and seen it while on my typical drugstore/walmart-run, and had even had fun with the 'Testers' to find my shade, but, even though I liked it, I just didn't think I'd use it enough to make it worth it. The other day however, it went on sale, and that was good enough for me!

AND SO?

- Blends very well! (As long as you get close to your skin tone, it should look just fine because of this)
- Light coverage - won't replace a concealer if you use one
- Mattifying formula isn't harsh looking (still have dimension on your face - not that harsh thank goodness :)! )
- The stick will last a while (partly due to the fact that I'll only use 2 or 3 short strokes on days I want to do full makeup haha)
- And, being able to throw it in your bag & go. <3

Y/N: I'd buy it again maybe when I eventually get through this one


----------

2. Maybelline The Rocket - 401 Very Black 

Loved the packaging
Solid plastic-tip bristles
WHY?
I found myself standing in the middle of the cosmetics aisle in Target, quickly googling each mascara that I saw for under $10, trying to gauge what people thought of them all (Makeup Alley was a good summary database), but nothing stood out. After about 15 minutes walking slowly up the aisles, I finally just picked a random one that I had seen once or twice on YouTube, and hoped for the best!

AND SO?

- Grabs each lash right from the root & separates really well!
- Doesn't irritate my eyes (I try and buy hypo-allergenic when I can)
- Doesn't clump or leave lashes feeling hard (Benefit's They're Real! did for me)
- Adds length, not so much volume
- Best mascara I've bought in a very long time!
- And, look at that blue & pink. <3

Y/N: I'D BUY IT (Again)!


----------

3. NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm - 353 Pink Lady
Compact packaging
Light apple-shaped core
WHY?
I'd almost given up on finding a pink/natural looking colour for my lips. I've swatched lip balms, lip butters, lip glosses, lipsticks, lip stains, and nothing I'd come across looked right :(. Having somewhat darker skin (think Christina Millian's complexion), naturally my lips are darker than a light pink shade, which I find either the colour doesn't show up enough, or it looks different on than it does in the package... tricky, tricky. On a whim, I saw the NYC products on sale, and decided to pink up this lip balm for $2.99, and if worse came to worse, it was only some change :)

AND SO?
- Best. Pink. Yet. (Best I've ever tried!!)
- Light & natural looking but still shows up (more than a L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm, less than a Revlon Lip Butter)
- The subtlest of sparkle (subtle meaning you'd have to be up close and personal to even tell)
- Smells deliciously sweet indeed
- Good for work, school, or day-to-day wearing
- Does not have any added benefit for dry lips so continue using one if you have one (ie. EOS balms)
- And, look at that apple core. <3

Y/N: I'D BUY IT (Again)!


TCTTFN :)

No comments:

Post a Comment